We, the board and management of Bailieborough Swimming & Leisure Centre CLG, hope that you and your families are safe and healthy in these very difficult and uncertain times as we continue to try to deal with the issues facing us in dealing with Covid-19. As the operators of a swimming pool and leisure centre, we are acutely aware of the importance of the mental and physical wellbeing of all of our users and we know that these are trying times which impacts on everyone of us in our daily lives.
We understand that, as users of Bailieborough Swimming and Leisure Centre, you are as keen as we are to see the doors of the centre reopen and for the business to resume as soon as possible. The board of the centre, as well as its management, have been working tirelessly since the announcement of the HSE guidelines relating to COVID-19 to try to find a way to reopen the centre. That being said, the challenges facing us are unprecedented. In particular, there are some key issues which our centre is facing which we need to deal with:
- The current HSE guidelines regarding social distancing requirements means that the capacity of patrons who can use the facility at any one time is restricted to no more than 10 people in the gym and no more than 20 people in the pool. This represents a significant reduction in the number of patrons who can avail of the services at the centre;
- The size of Bailieborough Swimming & Leisure Centre means that the requirements of social distancing present significant challenges in allowing patrons to safely avail of the facilities. In particular, the changing rooms at the centre are quite small and will only cater for 5/6 users at any one time;
- The facility at Bailieborough Swimming and Leisure Centre is a community operated facility which is ran on a ‘Not for Profit’ basis on behalf of and for the benefit of the community as a whole. In contrast to many other leisure centres in the surrounding area, we are not owned by the Local County Council and we are not Government Funded in any respect;
- The insurance costs for the centre have increased by 250% since 2019. Our historic insurer has pulled out of the Irish market over the course of 2020 and, as a result, we have been required to seek alternative insurance cover which is now secured but at a premium which is significantly higher than previous years;
- The board of the facility are conscious that we need to secure funding in order to ensure that it will be financially possible to operate the centre while adhering to HSE guidelines on COVID 19. To this end, we are working to seek funding under the July stimulus package announced by Government.
While, at the present time, we are not in a position to advise you on when it will be possible to reopen the centre, we wanted to keep all of our patrons appraised of the issues we are facing and to let you know that we continue to work with management on behalf of all patrons and the wider community to ensure that we can safely reopen the centre as soon as it is possible to do so. We very much value your patience and your ongoing support in this regard. We would greatly appreciate any support you can lend to our position by lobbying local representatives to try to assist us in finding solutions to the issues we are currently facing.
We will update our website directly with further developments in the weeks ahead (http://bailieboroughleisurecentre.com/).
We hope that you and your families remain safe and healthy and we encourage you to continue to do your part by continuing to abide by HSE guidelines.
The board of Bailieborough Swimming & Leisure Centre CLG
Company Reg: 8248711N
Log onto your Home-portal Account below
to check your child’s progress
Click “latest timetable” top right, to view Swim School classes
Press here to check your child’s swim school progress
We hope your enjoy our facilities for fitness, health and well being.We have something for everyone and if you have any suggestions please do not hesitate, we are here for the community.
Make BSLC part of your week to see great benefits in your life.
Bailieborough Swimming and Leisure Centre opened in June 1999 having being built at a cost of around €1.1 million. The Centre was an immediate success and has increased business and turnover every year since.As a consequence of extraordinary local generosity and massive community support for all fundraising ventures over four years prior to opening, the centre was debt free within months of opening for business.The Centre belongs to the local community and is voluntarily overseen by a Board of Management elected locally.The Centre’s facilities are enjoyed by many from a wide catchments area stretching into Monaghan and Meath, and provide a service to all sectors of the community.
20 x 8 metre pool (temp 29 cel)
Pool contains back massage
21 pieces of cardio vascular equipment
11 pieces of resistance equipment
Fitness Studio for HIRE : NEW area available at great rates
Large fitness studio for hire with specialist sprang flooring suited to any fitness class or sports activity.
I x physiotherapy/consultation room for hire
1 x meeting room for hire